Soil moisture is the amount of water contained in the soil. From agriculture productivity to flood and drought prediction, soil moisture on Earth plays a key role in understanding our planet. How much do you know about Earth’s soil moisture?
Answer questions like ...
- Which of the following is the leading cause of weather-related deaths in the U.S.?
- The processes and places involved in the water cycle involve
- Which of these is not a soil condition indicating high risk of a flash flood during a rainstorm?
- Measuring soil moisture (the amount of water in the soil) can help scientists with which of the following:
- About how much of California’s water supply comes from the Sierra Nevada Mountains’ snowpack?