Earth has many processes that regulate carbon, atmospheric carbon dioxide and its role in the carbon cycle and climate. How much do you know?
Answer questions like ...
- Carbon dioxide is a molecule comprised of one carbon atom and two oxygen atoms (CO2). Which atom, carbon or oxygen, has the greater atomic mass?
- Carbon dioxide is not the only carbon-containing compound in the atmosphere researchers are studying. What else are scientists looking at?
- People have been concerned about the rise in carbon dioxide in our atmosphere, the result of human activity, since what period of time?
- Why do levels of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere fall during the summer in the Northern Hemisphere?
- What role do the oceans play in the carbon cycle?