Precipitation and the Water Cycle
Earth’s water is stored in ice and snow, lakes and rivers, the atmosphere and the oceans. How much do you know about how water cycles around our planet and the crucial role it plays in our climate?
Answer questions like ...
- Which of the following processes within the water cycle is responsible for changing water from a liquid to a gas?
- The Sun is the driving force behind the water cycle. Roughly how much of the Sun's energy is absorbed by the Earth's land surface and water?
- Rain gauges collect and measure the amount of rain that falls on a particular spot. If you collected all the rain gauges in the world and placed them side-by-side, they would cover an area the size of:
- Global warming is increasing the temperature of our lower atmosphere. How will this affect the amount of moisture in the air?
- What percentage of global precipitation falls on the land compared to the oceans?