Test your knowledge of carbon dioxide and its role in global warming.
Answer questions like ...
- In the 10,000 years before the Industrial Revolution in 1751, carbon dioxide levels rose less than 6 percent. Since then, they've risen by:
- Which of the following would have the biggest impact on reducing carbon emissions?
- The graph to the left, called the Keeling curve, maps the overall rise in atmospheric carbon dioxide since 1958. But why does it have a zig-zag shape, showing cyclical rises and falls in carbon dioxide levels?
- Compared to other greenhouse gases, carbon dioxide is the most effective at trapping heat near the surface of the Earth.
- Which planets have carbon dioxide in their atmosphere?